Here are links to a few good articles on nature based play/forest school philosophy that we’ve found interesting, and which back up the rewards for the children and community to be gained from running a Bush programme.
There’s quite a few here, if you just look at the first 5-7 it’ll give you lots to think about. we’d be interested to hear which articles you got the most out of.
- Schools embrace learning by play after national standards abolished
- Cold logic
- Children concentrate better after outdoor lessons in nature, research finds
- Child behavioral expert Nathan Wallis drops bombshell on where people are parenting incorrectly
- Letting our kids run wild
- State of Play Survey
- Bush classroom day weaves lessons from nature into learning
- Taking the scenic route to academic attainment via emotional wellbeing outdoors
- RISKY PLAY: Losing a Childhood Right of Passage and a Tool to Help Protect that Right
- Why is Unstructured Play Crucial?
- Lessons in nature boost classroom engagement afterward, researchers report
Wellington, New Zealand
027 438 5366